Saturday, June 5, 2010

This Little Piggy Went To Market....

and walked out with two budgies!!!! I'm such a sucker!!! I went to see a new friend who was advertising her Learning Ladder business in the Mount area (feel free to go to the link and join her facebook group ;) the more the merrier!!!) Anyhoos, whilst there Kahli really chose a great time to yell at the top of her lungs at her brother - when everything went quiet - I was soooo embarrassed!!! Ack kids!!!

back on track though - we went to see Charmane and her mum Bronny (scrapbooking friends to boot ;)) and on the way out of the market we saw a bus with birds - being a bird kind of family the kids wanted to go look. There were some loverly feathered friends there, including some gorgeous sage/green and yellow baby budgies - too cute.... Thinking they would be rather expensive I sillily let Aleks go up and ask how much they were.. Anyways upshot is we walk away with 2 birds a loan cage (so we have to go back next week) and a wallet $10 lighter....

Oh and to cap it off the guy asked what part of Tassie we were from... I tell him Burnie. He said he was a Scottsdale boy!!! Came here 18 years ago and never left.... Oh and he saw my surname on the ID I showed him (for the loan cage) and he said he knew Bricknells around our area... It is rather ironic that he actually knows my parents in law **sigh** Such a small small world we live in!!!

Happy Earth Day everyone!! Remember Reduce, Re-Use and Re-Cycle!!!!


No comments: