Saturday, June 12, 2010

And the Final Result Is.....

from my previously mentioned sketch I'm meaning ;)




I think it resembles the sketch... Anyhoos, it's a layout for a monthly challenge on Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia. To meet with Sue's challenge I've included more than 2 bows (on the flower buttons), Something green (brads, title, green grass and green algae stuff on the bark - yes it's real bark too) and the word Happy.

There was another part of the challenge and that was to include a hand made transparency in the layout. As I had no transparency I used some clear plastic packaging. The poem is on the transparency (BTW it's to be read/sung to the tune of I'm a little teapot) It's all hand written (a bit obvious haha) and has a sticker on it. Also the bee wings are transparent plastic as well. They are the textured plastic trays that you get your veggies on from the supermarket. I've cut them to shape and inked the texture and edges with gold stamp ink.




It may not look like it but I've spent hours on this LO!!! For what it's worth, the beads that go with the bees are all hand sewn on and I made the beaded bees myself.

The Poem Reads
(and seriously read/sing/hum "I'm a Little Teapot" as you read it...)

I'm a little honeybee
Yellow and black
See me gather
Honey on my back
What the queen bee tells me
I must do
So I can make
Honey for you.
Post a Comment