Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scrappy Post :)

A slack one today as I've a thumping headache from dealing with kids and daily stresses (augh)

Well this morning I logged on and discovered I had won one of the monthly challenge prizes on Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia!!! I won for the Layout I did based on a sketch - it's here... I'm so thrilled!! I wasn't thinking my work was good enough to be winning anything (even though I do love the layout ;)) It gives me a boost to really dig my teeth into this months challenges ;)

Speaking of this months challenges I completed one yesterday - it's a sketch one as well. This is the sketch and criteria are must contain a one word title, use bright colours and use foam dots (to raise things up)

Sketch sourced from Scrapbooksetc.com

And my efforts....




I've used bright autumnal colours - reds and greens mostly. The arrows have been raised with foam dots and I have a 1 word title Smile

Materials used are mostly from my lovely new goodies from the scrapbook nook - So sophie papers and all the stickers are little yellow bicycle. There's also some boy ribbons from My 2 Angels, some plain red cardstock for the arrows and a beaded dragonfly made by moi Smile

the Autumn poem reads -
The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~Carol Bishop Hipps

3 comments:

Sue Plumb said...

Love this LO Treens, you've done a great job on it! X

Katrina said...

Aww thanks Sue, I love it too!! It came together quite easily in the end :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

love your page!! Gorgeous colours! Great take on the sketch. Well done!!!!