The contents insurance will cover items that we lost in the car, however nothing that was fixed such as CD player, car seat etc... I've lost some of Dom's favourite nappies - his CGR's are my biggest loss, at $45 a set it's also an expensive loss *sob* I'm also down some itti bitti D'lish and Bubblebubs. Hoping that the insurance will cover them, I don't think a claim for nappies is something they would normal see LOL. We lost both our boys remote control cars that they got for Christmas - the shop we purchased them from will allow up to re-purchase at the same price when the insurance comes through which is great - considering there has been a price rise!! There were some other things in there that all add up to around $5.5k - the list doesn't look that big, but things sure do add up - just sunglasses alone are around the $600 mark!!! It makes me wonder if we need to re-look at the contents insurance and up it a little for the house... The insurance assessor is coming our Monday to discuss everything with me and let me know what is covered, what isn't, what needs proof of purchase etc - hopefully it wont be too drawn out a process as we'll be in WA in 3 weeks time, I'd like it to be concluded by then!!!!
We had another scare with Dom this morning. Nathan was here waiting for the assessor to ring and he made some toast but didn't wash his hands after spreading it - it seems the utter on his hands caused an allergic reaction in Dom :( He first came up in just a couple of welts, I thought yeah it's nothing major, but in the space of a few minutes he was COVERED!!! He even had tiny welts on his little toes!!! Dom didn't seem to mind too much, he became grisly and a bit rattly in his chest but it was almost all gone within an hour and a half by the time the emergency room doctor got the chance to cal out his name. (what a long wait in an empty ER!!!) He now has a residual eczema type rash on his back, tummy and legs. I'm hoping he doesn't itch and scratch too much. Because of his age there isn't much we can do except if it happens again take him back to the ER. We can't give anything like claratyne until he is at least 6 months old which is really restrictive - with Williams reactions like this a dose of claratyne cleared it before it got too bad - hence the race to the ER if it ever happens again.
Due to the reaction I've gone around the Dr referral system which seems to be taking ages to get appointments for him (no one has apparently heard of children of this age having such acute reactions *sigh* old stomping ground again) and gone straight to Dr Smith (was Taylor) at Rose Cottage Medical in Launceston and have an appointment for testing on April 2nd. We're also on a stand by list if there's a cancellation - hoping there's a cancellation before we head to WA **fingers crossed**
Guess that's got me pretty much up to date so far. Things are muddling along, life continues and things happen. roll with the punches and hope that nothing too scary jumps out at us again I guess...