Thursday, May 6, 2010

Menu Planning...

Something I've been meaning to do properly again for a while... Now we're on fortnightly pay cycles (well I am) it's a necessity to keep on top of things and make sure we have foods in the house that are safe for my allergic boys especially...

So I've spent most of the morning planning the rest of this weeks (to next Wed) menu's and then the following fortnights menu plan... I've added a couple of "extra" meals for the shopping list in case we change our mind or have an extra cooked meal during the day for some reason...

This week:

Thurs: Saucy Sausages
Fri: Moroccan Chicken Pieces with Potato Bake
Sat: Sweet and Sour Chicken with Couscous
Sun: Slow cooked Roast Chicken with Baked Veggies (Mothers day - the less work the better)
Mon: Beef Casserole with Couscous
Tues: Shepherds Pie
Wed: Chicken Mignon with Steamed Veggies

Next Fortnight:

Thurs: Apricot Chicken with Basmati Rice
Fri: Sweet Beef Curry with Couscous
Sat: Veggie and Hock Soup
Sun: Roast Leg of Lamb with Baked Veggies
Mon: Honey Soy Lamb Chops
Tues: Marinated Chicken Pieces with vegetable Bake
Wed: French Onion Lamb Chops with Mashed sour cream potato's
Thur: Spaghetti/Pasta Bolognase
Fri: Moroccan Beef with Basmati Rice
Sat: Chicken, Corn and Noodle Soup
Sun: Slow Cooked Moroccan Chicken with Vegies
Mon: Lamb Chop Casserole
Tues: Saucy Sausages
Wed: Fried Rice

Extras: Lasagne and Honey Baked Sausages with Mashed Veggies

School lunches: Salad sandwiches with ham or left over meats, Fresh Fruit (mandarin, apples, banana's and pears), yoghurt, Banana Chips or Sultana's.

Baking/Treats: Cupcakes, Little BT's Cookies (cookies in a flash) and Anzac Biscuits

There, I think that's everything... Breakfast is usual cereal or toast... Now to try and work out my shopping list and finalise it and we're ready for next weeks big shop LOL

In the meantime I might resurrect my cooking blog and add some of the new recipe's I'm trying with some piccies :)

No comments: