Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Layout Completed....

And it was for a challenge on Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia :)

I'm really happy to have a photo for a girly layout for Kahli - she's such a tom boy!!!

Inspiration has been drawn from this Alice in Wonderland poster:



I drew inspiration from the garden flowers (there's a few crochet flowers dotted throughout) especially using the colours of the mushrooms and blooms for my colour selections. The black flourishes came from the brambles around the poster.


Kahli & Lacy

As for the required challenge elements, there's 3 pages of layering (all hand cut), several handmade crochet flowers and paper flowers also coloured by me and 2 handmade velum butterflies.

It's probably a bit more fussy than I usually do, but was fun to do - Kahli loves it, what more can I ask for?

2 comments:

Kakka said...

Wow - you put so much work into these - just stunning. When you say crochet flowers are they fabric ones you have made?

Katrina said...

Thanks Kakka :) They are crochet as in ones I crochet with hook and yarn (100% bamboo yarn to be eco friendly LOL - actually it was on special ;)) They're the light pink ones - I coloured them with glitter glue (not eco friendly there LOL) I have a lot of practice to do with crocheting flowers though... I have to remember how to read patterns first :o