Friday, March 5, 2010

On the Move...

Have you ever wanted something but not wanted it at the same time?? That's how I feel right now. I'm so happy that Nathan got the job transfer - happy for him and excited about a change for us, but then I'm not wanting to move for the fact it's something totally new and unexpected! Well kinda expected but when you apply for a job you always have an element of doubt about it coming through LOL

So in approximately 3-4 weeks we'll be winging our way to Mt Gambier. Into a state I';ve never visited before. Off to a town I've only read about or heard about.. to a state where we have no relatives or current support network and into a different state hospital and medical system - scary if I look at it in the negative, but I have to look at it as an adventure!!!

My kids are kind of happy, I don't think they realise the whole "adventure" before us. It's going to be a HUGE social learning curve for us all.

Well I have to process this all, it's all new and exciting and I feel myself on the verge of tears and hysteria thinking about everything I have to do in the next 3 weeks... I mean it's not out of the blue, but I still had that element of doubt about it all coming through...

I am happy - very happy, but the finality and having a date etc is scaring me a little at the moment...

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm sure you will be fine. But keep up the blog posts please.