Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Honest Scrap Award!!!

I've been given a blog award!!! My first ever :) Ahhh the little things that entertain me hahahaha I'm pretty blown away actually - I blog to get things off my chest etc, to think other people find me interesting is kinda odd... I've never thought of myself as interesting or the likes - just plain old morning me LOL


Okies so to E. at Whining at the World Thankyou so much!!! I love reading your comments on my posts and never thought my blog was worthy of an award - you've really made my blogging life so far :)

Honest Scrap Award Rules

1. You must brag about the award.

2. You must include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.

3. You must choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.

4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.

5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.

.........then pass it on with the instructions!


Sooooo 10 honest things about me..... hmmmm......

1) I spent most of my teenage life in a children's home. My parents ran it, I was a big sister in it and as much as it was good, it helped me becoming the person I am today, it showed me the darker side of life and that things aren't peachy keen for everyone it was a very tough upbringing. I don't regret my upbringing, but sometimes I feel so jealous of those who had in comparison a calmer life - we had over 200 children come through the home in 3 years - and several of those are now life long friends and family members :)

2) I am a survivor of sexual abuse - from a relative (as opposed to someone being called "family"). This is hard for me to put into words as it's something that isn't readily acknowledged by my family. But it happened and it effected me and my depression is linked back to it. From as young as I can remember to around 15 years of age a cousin of mine abused me. He got away with it scott free which really stings as I now live with the nightmares and memories, but I know Karma will get him one day! As a result I'm now very very overprotective with my children which has been noted by some acquaintances - but I'd rather be overprotective than let something like this happen to them....

3) When I was 17 I was told I would never had any children. My gynaecologist had me booked in for a hysterectomy as I refused to go out and get pregnant to treat my chronic and severe endometriosis that was not responding to the treatment he prescribed. I went for a second opinion, started a new treatment, got married and now have 4 gorgeous children!! I am so thankful my gut instinct told me to go with the second opinion - otherwise my children would not be here!!!!

4) I always wanted 6 children. I don't know why - it seemed a nice rounded number. I don't think I could honestly cope with 6 kids right now... maybe later down the track - but then I'd probably be too old ROFL Nathan only ever wanted 2, we compromised at 4.... Now we have 4 he's decided he wants 6!!!

5) I'm secretly terrified of moving to Mt Gambier. I'm trying to put on a brave and happy face for my kids but I'm terrified!!! I've never lived outside of Tasmania and we'll have no social or even family networks to fall back on over there - I keep telling myself we're not the first to move to a place where we know no one.... it helps but I'm still nervous and scared. I feel like a silly little girl being this uncertain LOL I'm kinda excited at the same time - the change and chance to form true friendships with people who haven't heard form a friend of an aunt of a cousin that we knew back in primary school about us LOL. Thinking about climbing those steps up to the airplane has me almost in tears thinking of what I'm leaving behind... I know it's a good thing - I jsut hate leaving my parents when dad's going through his cancer, my friend whilst she's still trying to find her feet as a single mum, my work (even though it was questionable if I was returning) playgroup, and Tasmania in general - it's always been home... now we wil call South Australia home - that's going to take some getting used to!!!!

6) I don't make friends very easily. I never had. Even in high school I only had 3-4 friends - including my best friend!!! I find myself hanging back when in groups, I don't usually go out of my way to get people to notice me, usually they do cos I'm not all that tiny.... But I've low self esteem from years of teasing and abuse - I was one of the nerds that would spend lunchtime in the library either studying or as a library monitor - or in choir or school band.... I'm just not a very social person.

7) I didn't get my drivers license until I was 23 years old. I was on medication when in late teens for my endo etc that had warnings about driving so wasn't able to start learning... Then I had little Aleks and was busy being a mum. By the time I was pregnant with Kahli it was decided I must get my licence - getting Nathan to drive me and little A everywhere was getting ridiculous!! I got my L's first pop and my P's first pop :)

8) I love scrapbooking and have a HUGE box of photo's waiting to be scrapbooked. I'm sooo slack getting them into albums!!! When we move it's going to be one of my "things" to do... Find a scrapbooking group and/or photography group to join and work on my two hobbies. I actually have more piccies than I need as I shoot family pics with scrapbooking layouts in mind LOL I think I'll have a house full of scrapbook albums by the time I'm 40 the way I'm going with taking photo's LOL

9) I'm still up to date with my 365 - photo a day challenge!! I've nto been able to process all my personal pics and upload though - behind with that, but I'm still taking a photo a day!!! I've been too busy processing others photo's to get time on mine.. Another thing I'm looking forward to when moving - getting to do thing for myself again :)

10) I find it really hard to say "no" For some reason to be accepted seems to be really important for me. I take on more and more projects until I find myself working for others and not myself and not enjoying what I'm doing. I really really REALLY need to work hard on correcting this.... I need to learn to say "no" for me sometimes... Easier said than done I'm finding!!!!

~~~

There you go - 10 things about me :) Of another thing I should have said was I talk too much when I have the opportunity LOL I use a lot of words and elaborate where sometimes I probably shouldn't LOL You're probably regretting starting to read this - if you've made it this far well done!!!

So my awardees.....

Some honest blogs I really enjoy reading
I hope you all appreciate the award as I have :)

Bec at Home is Where the Heart Is

Nicole at The Life of Us! and

Wangster at Ramblings, Rants and Reverie

~~~

2 comments:

DB said...

Some very honest insights into your life, thanks for sharing.
You totally deserve the award BTW!

E. said...

Thanks for being so open with us. 6 and 10 ring so true for me as well (well except for the choir bit).