Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Secret Phobia....

Is the dreaded dentist!!! It's been years since I've been to one - mostly as I have been waiting on the public list which increases in length every time you make an enquiry I'm sure - the inquiry usually is to see how much longer I can put a visit off ROFL.


Honestly, my teeth are dreadful :( I have my dad's teeth.. they crumble easily, very little enamel on them - no matter what I do they just disintegrate - and because they cause me no pain I just have to wait my turn in line...

I have private health insurance that will cover me now... But I'm too chicken to actually make that call...

I'm scared about a few different things. Firstly being my dad had false teeth at a relatively young age - I don't want false teeth!!! I know they're headed that way and logic tells me the more I put it off the closer to getting falsies I come... But I just can't make that call still!!!!

Secondly - I know it will be painful - they don;t hurt that much at the moment LOL Pitiful eh ;)

Thirdly... hmm I'm not really sure, but I'm sure there's more than two little fears that are holding me back!!!

And well, now, I can't possibly begin treatment now we're moving right?!?!? :P I know, I know - P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C!!!!

So tonight I have another abscess starting on my quarter molar on the bottom left side, I know I'm going to need to make a call... The last time an abscess erupted I was pregnant with Domenik and they wouldn't do anything other than give me antibiotics... now I'm not pregnant I guess they might do something a bit more active....

Maybe I'll make that call tomorrow...

...but then tomorrow never come's...


image courtesy of Purplemattfish via flickr. CC license.
Post a Comment