Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Secret Phobia....

Is the dreaded dentist!!! It's been years since I've been to one - mostly as I have been waiting on the public list which increases in length every time you make an enquiry I'm sure - the inquiry usually is to see how much longer I can put a visit off ROFL.


Honestly, my teeth are dreadful :( I have my dad's teeth.. they crumble easily, very little enamel on them - no matter what I do they just disintegrate - and because they cause me no pain I just have to wait my turn in line...

I have private health insurance that will cover me now... But I'm too chicken to actually make that call...

I'm scared about a few different things. Firstly being my dad had false teeth at a relatively young age - I don't want false teeth!!! I know they're headed that way and logic tells me the more I put it off the closer to getting falsies I come... But I just can't make that call still!!!!

Secondly - I know it will be painful - they don;t hurt that much at the moment LOL Pitiful eh ;)

Thirdly... hmm I'm not really sure, but I'm sure there's more than two little fears that are holding me back!!!

And well, now, I can't possibly begin treatment now we're moving right?!?!? :P I know, I know - P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C!!!!

So tonight I have another abscess starting on my quarter molar on the bottom left side, I know I'm going to need to make a call... The last time an abscess erupted I was pregnant with Domenik and they wouldn't do anything other than give me antibiotics... now I'm not pregnant I guess they might do something a bit more active....

Maybe I'll make that call tomorrow...

...but then tomorrow never come's...


image courtesy of Purplemattfish via flickr. CC license.

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

I have to get a false tooth - born without the four adult teeth bud things...so i have a missing tooth at the front at the moment. Really bad plastic one filling it at the moment.

I also hate going to the dentist. Never good.

E. said...

Make the call... you know you need to!

Unknown said...

Go on, make the call... the anticipation is worse than the event!

Katrina said...

Ok, ok... will make the call tomorrow - I would have today but I've been otherwise detained (read today's post **sigh**)