Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lobster....

That's me at the moment! Yesterday we had a birthday party for Little Jackson to attend in Ulverstone and as our car is still "in hospital" we had to walk down the big hill and catch the bus to Ulverstone. It was a 35 min walk to get downtown - and an hour bus ride...

I slipped and slopped but forgot a hat so the slapping didn't occur - but still within 10 minutes of being out in the sun I was turning red... After a long walk downtown and then the afternoon in the sun (I will never understand the movement that removes the shady trees from parks - there was none in sight for us to shelter under!!!) I am now a lobster - actually probably more like a beetroot to be more precise, my left shoulder is purple hahaha - sorry, not funny really, very very sore :( I kept applying sunscreen too, so I'm a little perplexed why I got so burnt...

Anyhoos - great day with friends was had - we almost didn't make it though... We got to Target (at the bottom of the hill) and I went in to purchase a birthday card for Jackson (who incidentally was turning 4) I got to the checkout (with some chocolates as a treat for us to munch on the bus) and remembered Nathan used my bankcard the previous day - I sent Aleks out to ask for my card and Nathan tells me he left his wallet at home!!! Talk about palpitations!!! I was panicing as I usually don't carry cash with me and we kinda needed cash to purchase the bus tickets to get to Ulvie and then home!!! Luckily my sister came to the rescue who lives in Ulverstone and had some cash she could loan us once we got there to get home, but the tickets were still a worry... Until the bus arrived and we had the most lovely bus driver :) I had just enough to make it to Ulverstone on concession tickets.. to the very cent!!! She let us all travel concession!!! She was really really good!!! So good she even made sure we caught the connector bus back up the hill to save us a huge walk home - And so good that I've submitted a compliment to the bus company for her - she really did save the entire day for us - Thumbs-up metro driver :)

Then to today again another walk was on the cards, we had to get some food into the house so the kids and I were all packed up for a walk to Woolies.. again in full sun (for some reason summer seems to have sprung early and we're not coping LOL) It took 40 mins this time to get there and a smidgen longer to get home again... My gosh but my muscles protested!!! So a not so relaxing weekend, but a lot of quality time with the kids and as a family :) made it all worth it and we're about ready to be tucked into bed :) Now I wonder though how many muscles will protest when it's time to get out of bed ROFL

PS: forgot to add I am now on my new laptop!!! I have all keys working yaaayyyyy!!!! I'm getting used to the smaller screen (gone from 15 down to 13 inch) but it's bigger internally and so much quicker - it does mean I will have to upload piccies from Jackson's party at a later date as not everything is set up here yet :) oh and did I say that it also has all it's keys :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, take care with hot days coming. Hope you get your car back soon - I don't know how I would cope without a car.

I enjoyed reading your posts and profile on Blog This

DB said...

Very nice interview on Blog This, best site ever - loving all the new Blogs am discovering!

Melinda said...

I know what you mean about shade trees in parks. There should be heaps of them. If you tell your council you want more trees, they'll usually comply.