Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's funny...

that things have changed so quickly for us, and I'm not regretting these changes one bit!! I wake up with a silly smile on my face, I feel content. Really happy and certain that we've done the right thing - not just for us but for our family.

Usually (well my experience is) when you make a quick decision that it usually turns pear shape... but this was a super quick decision, it was life changing and it's been a remarkable thing that we've done - and I'm deliriously happy!!!

There is no sign of homesickness... That worried me at first, but I was told last night that it's a good thing. I'm not wanting anything that Tasmania had to offer. I've pulled the negatives out of my life and moving seemed to help purge the stragglers that I was allowing to stay in my life no matter how much grief and pain they brought because I thought it was the right thing to do - I was always brought up to respect others and their differences, but in that I think I forgot to be me and stand up for myself. Now I've learnt this important lesson and I'm feeling 10kg lighter for it!!!

So, I probably shouldn't be suprised to be finding myself and finally being really happy - it's an unusual thing for me to feel like I'm relaxing and smiling for no reason in particular. I don't feel I have to force myself to be happy... because I just am!!!

The sad thing is that I'm almost 35 and I can't remember the last time I was this content and happy... I've been letting others set the tone of my life (some was for medical reasons with myself and the kids etc so that wasn't necessarily a bad thing) But I'm not letting others pettiness, negativity, shallowness and judgemental ways (yes that includes family members as well) effect me - I can shrug them off and keep on going - if they want to stay that way then let them - that's their choice, not mine - they're hurting themselves and I choose not to have them hurt me or my family... they're loss ;)

I choose to move forward into happy times - As much as the kids are currently doing my head in on school holidays I'm still smiling and happy - weird hey ;)

No comments: