Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This time of Year...

I know it's the run up to Christmas, but just right now it's the last thing on my mind... Tomorrow is my birthday and as per usual the "big low" has started...

Not sure why but my birthday is always a let down - I've felt like this for years and years... I think it's because it's at this time of year that it's often overlooked and missed - or that special thing I've yearned for has not been forthcoming (usually forgotten or left for Christmas etc etc...) I've become accustomed to it but none the less it still hurts and I have a long learned pattern of not expecting much and to protect myself with a blanket of miserable...

So forgive me for feeling low.. but it's just this time of year.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh HUGS. My birthday is 1st Jan and I know EXACTLY what you mean. Its like birthdays around Christmas mean a bit less somehow. We just get lost in all the rush.

Heaven help anyone that tries to give me the dreaded 'combined' present!

Of course I complained all my life to my mother about what an awful birthday I had, only to give birth to my daughter on... 31 December.

Thank you karma.

Cait :)