Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The reality is....

I don't know why I even entertained the thought that I might be able to turn my passion into a profession/job - I think I just had my bubble popped....


I posted on a forum that I've been approached by some friends to do some photo's for payment for them and asking when do you know when it is the right time to start floating the idea and moving forward with turning your hobby into a business... Well I have been told (by another professional photographer on that forum) that my photo's are lacking in composition, their processing and exposure is hit and miss - oh and to keep working at it.. it might work one day...

I didn;t once state that I was a professional photographer or am at that stage, Just how do you know when and how to start and get the courage to express an interest to build a portfolio etc... I don';t know, I mean maybe if this was sent to be privately I might have been reacting a bit different, but to have this said in a public forum kinda stings... I wasn't asking this person to critique my images...and what's with her stating that and not following up on what she means lacking in composition etc etc... Actually I may have the wording a bit skewed... I'm probably over reacting.. Ive been told I've been overreacting a bit of late - sorry but stress tends to do that to a person... And no, I wasn't posting for pats on the back etc.. for honest opinions about when and why etc.... I didn't expect to be critiqued in public!!!

Anyhoos - needed to get that vent off my chest....

Maybe I will never realise my dream of being a photographer.. maybe all I'm good for is snap shots and dreaming... I don't know... Maybe I need a tougher skin too...
Post a Comment